Organic Navara rice / Organic Njavara rice is a unique plant found in Kerala, India and it is a traditional Ayurveda medicine. Ayurveda Acharya’s or physicians consider Navara to be the very precious grain and equated to gold by farmers. Organic njavara rice are of two kinds, “Golden Yellow Glumed (Husked) and Black glumed Navara”. Black glumed which is Red in colour is used in Ayurveda treatment by using alone or by combination of other herbs to treat many diseases from BC 600 onwards. About medicinal value of Navara rice is quoted in the revered Ayurvedic text Ashtangahridayam .
How to use Organic Njavara Rice / Navara Rice
Organic Navara Gruel with cow milk Recipe:
- Organic Navara Rice : 1 Cup,
- Water : 4 Cup,
- Cow’s Milk : 2Cup (or 1 Cup Cow milk + 1 Cup Goat milk)
- Grated Coconut : 2tbsp,
- Organic Cumin Seeds : ½ tsp,
- Optional items: Organic Cashew: Few, Organic Raisins, Organic Honey , Natural Salt, Organic Cardamom
1. Wash the Organic Navara rice in running water, drain the water and keep it aside,
2. Boil water in an earthern pot or in a pressure cooker and add Organic Navara rice.
3. Keep in a low flame and cook until the Njavara rice is softly cooked.
4. Add milk and continue to cook on a low flame for five minutes.
5. Add crushed Jeera and grated coconut and give a stir and cook for two more minutes and switch off the flame.
6. Add Organic Cashew and Oranic Raisins and a pinch of organic cardamom powder for an enriched flavor.
7. Add honey according to your taste.
Organic Navara gruel is ready to serve !